Action Figure Blues Forum
November 20, 2019, 04:20:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Back issues!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back issues!!  (Read 29 times)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 732

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2019, 09:55:37 pm »

I realised recently I was frightfully close to completing a couple of major Marvel runs. I acquire the odd back issue here and there, but it wasn't until I really counted up the missing issues of some of these titles that I got quite excited. I've now found myself way more interested in hunting comics on ebay than collecting toys and statues.

Is this a mid-life-collector crisis?
Report Spam   Logged

Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 696

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 01:07:14 pm »

I don't know about crisis, but getting older has certainly changed my perspective.  I completed my run on Savage Dragon while dropping paper copies of modern comics drastically.  The onslaught of toy nostalgia inching away from our generation, combined with the massive price increases we've seen in the last decade, I'm finding it easier to pull back on toys as well.  Although, I think my spending remains about the same.  $20/each is already killing my budget.  The tariff increases are really going to hurt.
Report Spam   Logged
darthfoley
Variant

QC: 38

Burned.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 11:22:03 am »

I'm working on complete runs of Daredevil, Conan, and GI Joe at the moment.  About 70 issues short of Daredevil 1-current.  Joe missing about 20 issues of the Marvel run, and maybe another 20 or so of the IDW revival.

I keep getting sidetracked, though.  I started and completed runs of several X-books - not complete runs, but runs of the time I was most attached to them.  Uncanny 101-300, X-Factor 1-50, Excalibur 1-50 etc.  And then there's Howard the Duck, Alpha Flight, Micronauts, Rom...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure