Action Figure Blues Forum
August 09, 2020, 12:38:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DC CW Game Changer. No Spoilers.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC CW Game Changer. No Spoilers.  (Read 562 times)
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1146

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 07:20:26 pm »

Still grinning.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2020, 07:25:53 pm »

This show is so incredibly different than any of the other DCW shows, it’s stunning.  Now I’m really looking forward to the HBO Max DC slate.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2020, 09:15:43 pm »

I've been streaming on Wednesdays -- because I"m never inside in the Summer before 9. But this is the best live action DC TV show since maybe the first season of Wonder Woman. And the reason why is that it honors the source material -- and doesn't try to create something that's DC in name only.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 02:23:34 pm »

I credit Geoff Johns for that. 
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2020, 09:33:47 am »

Another home run epidode.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2020, 05:05:24 pm »

Stargirl renewed for season 2 and simultaneously removed from the DC Universe service.  I’d say it’s over for them.  Another casualty of HBO Max I assume.
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2020, 11:26:12 am »

I've been watching Stargirl because I have the DC service.  I'll probably stop when it moves over.  It's been enjoyable, but between the limitations of live action and low budget it's not especially yanking my crank.  Hopefully they keep the DC service as a comic-only option.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2020, 12:42:20 pm »

I think it’s well above the rest of the DC CW fare.  I think it’s done well enough that they can sell advertising around it.  I’m thinking it actually becomes the center point of “Arrowverse”.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 12:09:01 pm »

I"m actually a bit bummed that it's stuck on CW, but obviously DCU will be exiting first run TV series. I would guess it's a matter of time before Titans is moved elsewhere.

But I agree that Stargirl is making the other Arrowverse shows look like dog doo. I don't know if they'll be able to maintain quality after the jump, but I hope.

I think everyone is expecting Jade to show up, but some fans think she may already be on the show. Cindy's best friend is named Jenn Williams -- and she ever wears a locket that features on of Jade's logos (the one similar to Atom's). That would be the cheap way out of avoiding the green skin -- because Jen Williams would probably just wear a ring. And that would also mean less chance of Obsidian. I guess I need to be reminded that despite some of the cast -- this is not Infinity Inc. or even JSA.

That said -- love the Shiv 2-parter. The actress playing Cindy/Shiv is  rock.gif. Can't wait for the Brainwave, Jr. episode!
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2020, 07:39:27 pm »

JSA, SSoV, Infinity Inc.  OMG.  This is a little TV heaven.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2020, 01:01:05 pm »

I'm loving the Injustice Society -- only wish the Wizard hasn't been killed off. I hope they can keep them around for season 2 somehow.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 10:09:13 pm »

Another great ep.  This show is so tonally different from the other CW fare it’s almost astounding.  I was a little disappointed with the Arrow like fight scene.   slapfight.gif

Clearly Henry Jr. isn’t dead.  Just an illusion created by Henry Sr.  Next week, Shining Knight!
Report Spam   Logged
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2020, 09:31:46 am »

The clearly a stunt-woman in a wig was a little obvious.  I do appreciate that Amy Smart's character has some agency now.  Her being clueless was a waste of a good actress.  And is it just me or is the actor that plays the boy look like a forty year old man's head on a boy's body?
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2020, 08:45:31 pm »

Definitely agree about Smart.  Great actress and still hot.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2020, 12:08:02 pm »

I think Stripsey's son has a similarity to Luke Wilson -- probably helped him ace the role.

I didn't think Henry was dead, dead, but apparently the show wants us to believe he's dead -- as the actor has been stating that this is the end of his arc as far as he knows. It just seems obvious that he'll show up again on the bad side -- which would be an okay, if obvious means of adding drama.

I'm also glad that Courtney's mom was let in on the secret -- it was a bit too shady with Stripesy knowing her daughter is risking her life -- and not sharing the info with her.

I'm thinking the finale will be the new JSA against Solomon Grundy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure