Action Figure Blues Forum
May 25, 2020, 03:31:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DC CW Game Changer. No Spoilers.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC CW Game Changer. No Spoilers.  (Read 99 times)
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1146

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:39:17 pm »

Last night things on the various DCWTV shows changed rather dramatically.  I might give em all another try.  Stargirl is a lock for me.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 07:59:30 pm »

I'm honestly finding it hard to keep up with them all.
When I've got a choice between Batwoman or Mindhunter I seem to be falling for the  more grown up shows lately. I've gotten so far behind on Flash and Arrow.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 12:00:05 pm »

I tend to agree.  But I did want to give them another try after the status quo was altered by the Crisis.  So far I haven’t picked up any them again.  Flash is coming up next week.  Putting all the main heroes/shows together had to happen though.  This all tees up Superman next season.  And Green Arrow and the Canaries.  Wish they’d just call it Birds of Prey and be done. 

But yeah, Mindhunters.  Awesome.  Too bad they’re on indefinite hiatus.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 06:50:23 pm »

Definite thumbs up on Mindhunters. I'd live to give Batwoman a chance, but I watched some of the Crisis crossover -- and it didn't give me much reason to watch any of the CW DC shows again.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 02:41:43 pm »

Well I’m definitely trying Stargirl.  And I’ll give Superman a shot in the fall.  But if Flash can’t hold my attention, then the rest doesn’t stand much chance.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2020, 03:30:45 pm »

I don't seem to have much longevity with any of the super-shows. Kinda proud that I finished Swamp Thing in hindsight.

Even the Netflix Marvel shows started to drag and I've not finished Iron Fist season 2 or the fucking gawdawful Punisher season 2.
Report Spam   Logged

Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2020, 09:03:53 pm »

The best superhero shows are not Marvel/DC.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 09:36:30 pm »

Watched Stargirl on CW this evening and found it very entertaining -- maybe even better than Supergirl season 1. I will periodically tune in to a CW DC show, but usually regret it (I'm not a fan of Berlanti turning the solo vehicles into ensembles).

Stargirl looks like it will follow some of those CW tropes, but in this case it's using actual DC characters -- not making ones up for the show. The only disappointment for me was that it appeared a very minor group of the Injustice Society caused the end of the JSA, but maybe there is more to the story than has been revealed. Oh, and also was alarmed to see the only female in the JSA group photo was apparently Hawkgirl. I guess they can't use Black Canary, and wasn't expecting Wonder Woman, but Power Girl would have nice.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 08:57:54 am »

I enjoyed it.  Apparently, there were about ten minutes cut from the first couple of episodes, not for content, but format for commercial TV.  I think that was before they got the CW pickup.  I think I like that it’s isolated from the other CW stuff too.  And from what I gather, we’re getting an Infinity Inc. type lineup of guests like Yolonda Montez, Beth Chappell, and Rick Tyler.  It’s also 13 episodes for a full 1/4 of a year.  Pretty confident putting it on in the summer too.
Report Spam   Logged
kcekada
Online Exclusive

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 02:17:36 pm »

Someone pointed out in another forum that everyone at the losers table in the cafeteria will make up the new 'JSA'. I guess, then, that was Beth Chapel, Rick Tyler and Yolanda Montez. Apparently they will all be teenagers and not young adults. I had expected Courtney to be the junior member.  So no idea how this Beth Chapel will be connected to Dr. Mid-Nite being that she's still in high school!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure