Action Figure Blues Forum
July 25, 2021, 11:20:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Marvel Universe: added Wave 13 p. 7

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Marvel Universe: added Wave 13 p. 7  (Read 9615 times)
demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2010, 10:44:56 pm »

Yes i have started too in fact just got a couple for my birthday Iron man and brown suit Wolverine  which brings my marvel universe to five dead pool. miss marvel ronin and moon knight. and now i am wanting to track down a captain america and a red hulk. and hulk.
Report Spam   Logged
demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2010, 10:49:01 pm »

they look the way they look for they are a smaller size so some characters are going to look like they take tips  from a crazy retired cosmetic sales person. espically with big guys like hulk and red hulk. and the ladies are going to look a little leaning towards needing make overs. for smaller size means details are going to be hard to get perfect. on the figures
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2010, 11:51:50 pm »

I had no problems with the bad sculpts and paint, etc, it was the constant reissue of IronSpiderVerine that annoyed me.
But then I found DCUC so life is good
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2010, 10:54:42 pm »

iron man spider man and Wolverine are the big guns. toy companies believe in order for the waves to sell they have to have the big guns in for  the parents will come looking for them for their kids and then the kids once they see the other characters may want them. though the same thing can be said about the Hulk. and DC direct uses the same reasoning with super man bat man and wonder woman. the big guns in waves to attract the buyers. besides the iron spiderwolverines are just a minor inconvenice to get to the other characters since one has to go through them to find the other ones. which proably means wolverine will get stuck in the wave the will include dark phoenix and phoenix down the road. for she would just be interesting done in the mu line.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2010, 02:48:33 am »

Agreed Demoncat, but that logic for Hasbro is the reason they won't get my money. Each slot taken up in a wave by an IronSpiderVine means that I don't get Firelord, Terrax, or Drax. If they are going to tricklefeed the characters I 'actually' want then I'll just make my own 6" scale Legends instead.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2010, 03:51:25 am »

True dat!Mattel seems to have figured out you don't need WonderSuperBat to anchor every wave.Will others ever figure it out?
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2010, 03:56:09 am »

True dat!Mattel seems to have figured out you don't need WonderSuperBat to anchor every wave.Will others ever figure it out?

Well, to be fair, Mattel had gotten around that in DCUC by including the World's Greatest Superheroes figures, so that what retailers get includes the big names they want...
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
guest66
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2010, 08:25:27 pm »

I don't mind getting a different Wolverine, Iron Man, or Spidey each time around, since it does admittedly fill a "hole" in a collection. However, it's interesting that in the last 12 months all three of those characters have had their own true-to-comics toylines in the same scale (X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Iron Man 2, Spider-man), and yet they still come out with more variants in the Marvel U line.

I think the smarter thing to do would be what they seem to be doing where they re-issue a figure in cases of a new wave so that retailers still get enough of these three, without actually reducing the number of new figures they produce. After all, most kids want Iron Man in his current armor, Spidey in Red and Blue, and Wolvie in a current costume (like say the Astonishing X-Men costume that they still haven't made readily accessible - I have the Wolvie/Colossus two pack that did the removable mask, so where's the X-Chariot, masked repaint one now?).

The one that gets me most though is when they announce variants after the line has started shipping. So now if I wanted classic warpath, or phasing vision, I need to go trawling eBay for a figure I (essentially) already have. Douches.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2010, 03:33:17 pm »

Yep.

But I'm even more stingy in that I don't need multiples of a character. Give me one good Wolverine or Spidey figure and I'm happy. I don't need 6 arm spidey, battle torn costume Spidey, Black costume, etc
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2010, 09:45:05 pm »

Series three of Marvel universe. was revealed to be Arch angel. shadow cat. Collusus  juggernaut . and havok and an aim solider. wave four mary jane. winter solider , wrecker, skrull solider,  and iron patriot. and of course the 18 inch light and sound Galactus who the execs aid any bigger and no one could get him into their homes. for the thing is monster looking.  and comes with a silver surfer.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2010, 04:40:09 am »

Yep.

But I'm even more stingy in that I don't need multiples of a character. Give me one good Wolverine or Spidey figure and I'm happy. I don't need 6 arm spidey, battle torn costume Spidey, Black costume, etc

You do realise you don't have to buy the repeat characters, don't you?? I just buy the new characters and quite enjoy it.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2010, 03:44:58 pm »

Yep.

You do realise you don't have to buy the repeat characters, don't you?? I just buy the new characters and quite enjoy it.

That was my thought with Marvel Universe until they put those numbers on the side......then OCD kicked in.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2010, 04:30:15 pm »

Yep.

That was my thought with Marvel Universe until they put those numbers on the side......then OCD kicked in.

Well, that's your problem then. Stop bashing the line just because you have an illness.  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pierce
Mint on Card

For external use only, not to be taken internally.

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2010, 08:20:05 pm »

Series three of Marvel universe. was revealed to be Arch angel. shadow cat. Collusus  juggernaut . and havok and an aim solider. wave four mary jane. winter solider , wrecker, skrull solider,  and iron patriot. and of course the 18 inch light and sound Galactus who the execs aid any bigger and no one could get him into their homes. for the thing is monster looking.  and comes with a silver surfer.

Just found this:

2010 Wave 2 will be hitting retailers soon (parts of the wave are on Hasbrotoyshop)

2010 Wave 3 Line-up announced: Archangel, Kitty Pryde (with Lockheed), Havok, AIM Soldier, Colossus, and Juggernaut

2010 Wave 4 Line-up announced: Iron Patriot, Skrull Soldier, Iron Spidey, Wrecker, Winter Soldier, Mary Jane Watson (with Ms. Lion)
There will be running variants of the figures several examples are the translucent Vision, Karla Sofen Ms. Marvel and a red/blue Warpath
On the comic 2-pack front, while Secret Wars only have 1 wave left to go, the 2-packs will be continuing.  3 of the packs announced were Cyclops and Phoenix (these 2 look fantastic); Dark Avengers Spider-man and Wolverine; and Sentry and Spider-man.

Galactus is 19″ tall, costs US$50, is fully articulated, has electronics and includes a Silver Surfer figure
Finally, there will be several Target exclusive 2-packs with Iron Man / Black Panther, Iron Man / Punisher, Spider-Man / Green Goblin, and Wolverine / Hand Ninja

And for you fans of Marvel Legends Toys R Us will have Marvel Legends 2-packs.  The fan choices of Deadpool, Black Widow, and Valkyrie will be teamed up with the Hasbro picks of Warpath, Winter Soldier, and Hulk (McGuinness-style).

Report Spam   Logged

In a flurry of flame and fur, fangs and wicker, thus ended the world's first and only hot air baboon ride.
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2010, 01:37:04 am »

I can't believe we get Hulk. I realise he sells (or does he? There's still Hulk movie stuff around). I really would have preferred 'The Constrictor' or 'The Hood' (the latter of whom I thought was a shoe in). Fine, I'll make my own.....fuckers!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure