Action Figure Blues Forum
July 29, 2021, 10:03:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Thing From Another World - The New AFB Custom Challenge starts here!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Thing From Another World - The New AFB Custom Challenge starts here!  (Read 3529 times)
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2012, 05:01:20 am »

Foster's Time?

Fosters?  sick.gif

I'm struggling big time,i've essentially got tonight to finish.Not looking good unfortunately.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2012, 04:55:09 pm »

So, how many are we gonna get?

NiteOwl
Jack
TT
AQ
Spirit
FMS

Others?
Report Spam   Logged

AQ71
Chase Figure

QC: 32

King of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2012, 09:31:56 pm »

Will be finished by tomorrow night.  Feel good about progress, have an outside shot at finishing a second one as well.
Report Spam   Logged

fp_spirit
Limited Edition

QC: 23

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 17, 2012, 06:18:05 am »

Pics mailed to Scotty!
Report Spam   Logged

Up, up and away!
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 17, 2012, 06:52:44 am »

NiteOwl
Jack
TT
AQ
Spirit
FMS

Others?

I've officially failed.Tried the most complicated sculpting that i believe i have ever tackled and the results just aren't up to par to what i would dare show anyone.
Have stripped it back to try again but there's no hope of having it finished in time for the challenge. Sad
Report Spam   Logged

fp_spirit
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2012, 07:10:24 am »

NiteOwl
Jack
TT
AQ
Spirit
FMS

Others?

I've officially failed.Tried the most complicated sculpting that i believe i have ever tackled and the results just aren't up to par to what i would dare show anyone.
Have stripped it back to try again but there's no hope of having it finished in time for the challenge. Sad

That's alright FB. Dope that I am, I cut my thumb open with an exacto knife on Sunday. Three stitches, swollen and black and blue. Got a few customs sitting around that just need painting, but I won't be scuplting or frankensteining anything for the next few weeks. So at least you are not a complete idiot like me!
Report Spam   Logged

Up, up and away!
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2012, 07:19:31 am »

I feel your pain FP.I've cut my right Thumb open to the Bone twice[tip to Knuckle] in the past with an Exacto and of course ended up with Stitches too.Never realise how much you need those little buggers until you can't use them.Hope it heals quickly mate.
Report Spam   Logged

fp_spirit
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:32 am »

Dude! You just made me cringe! Aaaaah!!! To the bone? Twice?? Now I don't feel sooo bad. Thanks man!
Report Spam   Logged

Up, up and away!
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2012, 06:30:17 pm »

Bummer  Sad That's a shame mate.

Maybe the parameters for the next one will also fit your character and you can pick up where you left off?

That's alright FB. Dope that I am, I cut my thumb open with an exacto knife on Sunday. Three stitches, swollen and black and blue. Got a few customs sitting around that just need painting, but I won't be scuplting or frankensteining anything for the next few weeks. So at least you are not a complete idiot like me!

Jeez mate! I hope you're getting lots of sympathy from the family? Tell them you need "feel better food" too  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

fp_spirit
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 17, 2012, 06:34:10 pm »

Bummer  Sad That's a shame mate.

Maybe the parameters for the next one will also fit your character and you can pick up where you left off?

Yeah, I wish. My family doesn't "do" sympathy very well...

Jeez mate! I hope you're getting lots of sympathy from the family? Tell them you need "feel better food" too  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Up, up and away!
TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »

Ouch and Yikes! I've cut myself customizing lots of times, but never so badly I needed stitches. So sorry to hear that, man. Well, tell your insurance carrier that you need round-the-clock attention from a buxom Swedish nurse.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
fp_spirit
Limited Edition

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »

Ouch and Yikes! I've cut myself customizing lots of times, but never so badly I needed stitches. So sorry to hear that, man. Well, tell your insurance carrier that you need round-the-clock attention from a buxom Swedish nurse.

Grin Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Up, up and away!
TotalToyz
Online Exclusive

QC: 90

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2012, 07:33:26 pm »

You know, many artists would say art is in their blood; but we action figure customizers can often truly say blood is in our art.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm TotalToyz, and I approve this message.
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2012, 09:23:19 pm »

You know, many artists would say art is in their blood; but we action figure customizers can often truly say blood is in our art.

Hah! Good point.

Not me though. I'm way too slow for anything like that to happen. Explains why I deliver one custom every three months.
Report Spam   Logged

AQ71
Chase Figure

QC: 32

King of the Seven Seas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2012, 10:06:14 pm »

Pics to Scotty.  On time no less.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: