Action Figure Blues Forum
September 17, 2021, 01:50:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Dynamic DC comics discussion

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dynamic DC comics discussion  (Read 18679 times)
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 384

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: January 25, 2019, 04:09:05 pm »

Very interesting, KC.

A really strange and funny part to my story?  I became friends with this tech guy who was working on a project involving changing computers.  He was one of the guys who was let go.  About a month later, I saw him again....doing the EXACT same job!  He had gotten a new job at a Consulting Firm, and ended up right back at CitiCorp on the same project he had been let go from!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:11:23 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 808

Base of Operations: Denver, CO - USA

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 25, 2019, 09:07:46 pm »

And the company was paying 1.5 times for him.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 26, 2019, 05:34:42 pm »

And the company was paying 1.5 times for him.

No doubt. 

Is there any wonder America is in the shape it's in??  God knows I'm no expert, but when you run a business and don't think any further ahead than 1 day, and every single action is based on saving money and cutting corners, you're gonna run into problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 21, 2019, 07:28:33 pm »

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/21/dan-didio-retailers-dc-cutting-comics/

Not sure how accurate this is, but I do think DC would be making the right move concentrating on fewer titles and making them better.  Marvel needs to do so as well, to a larger scale.  War of the Realms has an unhealthy number of spin-offs.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 21, 2019, 08:33:26 pm »

Not sure how accurate this is, but I do think DC would be making the right move concentrating on fewer titles and making them better.  Marvel needs to do so as well, to a larger scale.  War of the Realms has an unhealthy number of spin-offs.

I definitely believe in Quality over Quantity.

Totally agree about War of the Realms.  I was just checking out solits for some of that stuff.  It just goes on and on!!
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 1146

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 21, 2019, 10:27:19 pm »

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/02/21/dan-didio-retailers-dc-cutting-comics/

To a large degree, I believe DC already has.  Action, Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkman, and the Justice League books are all excellent.  All weaving a bigger tapestry in the DCU.  I still love Red Hood and Shazam has been quite good too.  I think all these books survive the cuts except maybe Red Hood and JL Odyssey.  I think some of the bi-weekly books go back to monthly and some of the monthlies become a series of ongoing minis like Naomi.  I also think we see more limited series in general.  Big name writers will get even more work.  Big name characters will get more exposure.  But I don’t see much attrition in the top tier DCU books.  Likely victims may be under performing Vertigo books and other imprints titles.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 21, 2019, 10:29:09 pm »

I definitely believe in Quality over Quantity.

Totally agree about War of the Realms.  I was just checking out solits for some of that stuff.  It just goes on and on!!

Saw the price tag for all of the War of the Realms books.  $110.00 for the first month.  moon.gif
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 23, 2019, 11:16:41 pm »

Saw the price tag for all of the War of the Realms books.  $110.00 for the first month.  moon.gif

thud.gif  Jaw Drop
Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 26, 2019, 03:33:23 pm »

So with the announcement that DC Universe will start putting up books with a 12 month lag time I had to make some decisions.  Are there any titles that I can't afford to wait on?  I'm going to finish Doomsday Clock, Adventures of the Super Sons, and Heroes in Crisis (even though I very much dislike what they did to Wally) naturally.  Batman, Flash, JL, and JL:Dark will stay on my pull list for a time, probably until the authors change.  Everything else I figured I can wait a year on.

What about you guys?  Is the 12 month lag for DC Universe too much?  Marvel Unlimited is only 6 months and I'm finding I can wait for anything 6 months.
Report Spam   Logged
Gardner Grayle
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 26, 2019, 10:30:52 pm »

Not sure if I can ever go digital on comics.  While it would certainly be nice to have access to DC’s full library, giving up floppies and certain trades isn’t gonna happen for me.  The year lag time isn’t much of a factor either way.  Even if I were to try and go digital, I’d read something on Newsarama or Bleeding Cool and go out and get the book.  Nature of the beast to me I guess.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 30, 2019, 11:25:58 pm »

I'm actually going to do a little digital.  I never thought I would, but after checking the prices of certain back issues, digital is a lot cheaper.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:28:45 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
kcekada
Online Exclusive

QC: 184

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: May 02, 2019, 08:25:26 am »

Just as a matter of convenience and cutting down on storarge -- digital is very appealing -- especially for back issues. I holding a comic book in my hand, but I do like seeing comic book art on a monitor.
Report Spam   Logged
Non-Chick Magnet
Sword & Planeteer
Space Monkey in a Bag

Old School!

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: May 02, 2019, 04:20:21 pm »

The storage thing is a very solid selling point.  Thumbs Up

Just compare having a large collection of vinyl records and comic books to owning the exact same stuff all digital.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:22:50 pm by Non-Chick Magnet » Report Spam   Logged

Un-silent Minority
Chooch
Space Monkey in a Bag

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: May 02, 2019, 06:31:25 pm »

I just filled up my 40th drawerbox of comics and I'm out of space.  Now I'm thinning the herd to make room for new stuff.  Selling a comic I have access to in digital format is more appealing every day.
Report Spam   Logged
powersthatbe
Online Exclusive

QC: 78

Base of Operations: pittsburgh pennsylvania

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: May 02, 2019, 07:51:46 pm »

I went digital for a few months but I missed the floppies. Plus if I'm spending four bucks on something I want it to be something I can hold.I like digital though for when i go on vacation and can read a library of comics on my Ipad.
Report Spam   Logged

"that's not water,that's.. alcohol!"
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure